Child Safeguarding Statement
Scoil Iognáid de Rís is a Catholic boys Primary School providing primary education to pupils from Second to Sixth Class.
In accordance with the requirements of the Children First Act 2015, Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children 2017, the Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017 and Tusla guidance on the preparation of Child Safeguarding Statements, the Board of Management of Scoil Iognáid de Rís has agreed the Child Safeguarding Statement set out in this document.
- The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully and without modification the Department’s Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017 as part of this overall Child Safeguarding Statement.
- The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is Niall Bergin.
- The Deputy Designated Liaison Person is Tom Cunniffe.
- The Board of Management recognises that child protection and welfare considerations permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the school’s policies, procedures, practices and activities. In its policies, procedures, practices and activities, the school will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare:
- Read the full document here: https://cbsprimarykilkenny.com/policies/child-protection/(opens in a new tab)